13262538

I am planning to remarry next year and would like my

I am planning to remarry next year and would like my children to be at the wedding. My ex is not very cooperative at present and I fear she will make sure the do not attend. Is there a way I can ensure they do attend.
I have my children every other weekend but the wedding is likely to be mid-week. Even if I did have a weekend wedding there is no guarantee my ex will cooperate when she finds out what is happening.
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Next year they will be 4 and 10.
The starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
to try and agree a Parenting Plan
If that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order which makes specific provision for your wedding and the holidays.
I am sorry - there is no other way
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I should have explained. I have a full child order which is working ok. What I need is away to get my children for my wedding day which will probably be on a day other than a normal contact day. One would agree that it is in the children's interest to be at their dads wedding but I cannot reply on my ex's cooperation.
Even if I have the wedding on a weekend I have the children if she finds out they may suddenly become ill or something. Plus weekend is looking at costing me an extra £1000 for the same venue.
i am sorry but the only way to deal with it is to get a Specific Issue Order relating to the wedding - which means following the same route in any event