How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I was divorced over 10 years ago. My ex wife was given the

Customer Question

I was divorced over 10 years ago. My ex wife was given the family home but was supposed to release me from the mortgage. In turn I was to sign over my rights to her. I was unable to do this as she did not earn enough to pay the mortgage. She contacted me yesterday through our son asking me to sign paperwork for her to sell the house still in joint names, I am not interested in the money I just want to know legally where do I stand and how will she get the money as we do not have joint bank accounts and everything is in Mr and Mrs
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did you retain any interest in the property at all?