Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I was divorced over 10 years ago. My ex wife was given the

Customer Question

I was divorced over 10 years ago. My ex wife was given the family home but was supposed to release me from the mortgage. In turn I was to sign over my rights to her. I was unable to do this as she did not earn enough to pay the mortgage. She contacted me yesterday through our son asking me to sign paperwork for her to sell the house still in joint names, I am not interested in the money I just want to know legally where do I stand and how will she get the money as we do not have joint bank accounts and everything is in Mr and Mrs
Did you retain any interest in the property at all?