13262538

My husband moved out in july 2011. He has since bought himself

Customer Question

My husband moved out in july 2011. He has since bought himself a propertly recently. He did not buy my home and did not contribute to the mortgage or household running cost, part of why our family borke down. He manipulated me to buy my home in my name only and became very evasive when asked to contribute to costs. I realised he had done this to avoid paying for anything on the house and held me responsible for our living cost. He eventually said that I don't get it he did want to pay for anything.
We were married in 1992 and have lived together until july 2011.
He has indicated that he wants property adjustment as part of divorce financial settlement. He earns alot more than me, at least twice as much. Very mean man and an absolute user. He avoided paying for anything by nominating my account and salary as family account.
1) Where do I stand? Can he take my property from me, force me to sell? He manipulated me to buying the property on my own so he could avoid paying for anything. He eventually told me so when i kept insisting he shoud contribute to the mortgage as he promised.
2) I will find it difficult to buy another property due to economic situation. I don't know how long I will remain in work. I also need to adapt the house due to my disability. I have occupational Therapist from disability partnership.
3) Please advise how I can keep the property for me and my 15 year old son.
Do you mean he has ticked the box on the form - or that he has specifically said he wants a share of the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has ticked the box on the form.

However, I am mindful that he has gone back and forth on this issue previously. First he did not want anything then changed his as he has ticked the box.

At this stage you have no need to worry at all.
Ticking the box does NOT mean that he is making a claim - or even that he is thinking of doing so.
In fact it is simply a routine thing which makes it easier to have a Consent Order dismissing all claims in the future.
From what you have said there is no question of his actually making a successful claim on your home and it will not have to be sold.
Please ask if you need further details