13262538

I hope you can help.My six year old grandson lives with

Customer Question

Hi i hope you can help.My six year old grandson lives with me as his mother struggles emotionally.She recently tried to kill herself by taking an overdose.But if i dont give her money or let him go with her she always threatens to remove him.As this is a private arrangement i have no legal right.I am so stressed can you help ?
How long has the child been with you - and have Social Services been involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claire,he has been with me on and off for the last 12months.He came to me permanently in march.ss are not involved.I receive his child benifit and have just applied for child tax credits.

What contact does he have with his mother - and where is the father?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,there is no father,she dosnt know who he is.She calls here ,but its usually when hes at school.Very occasionally she will call in after school for ten minits.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare this isnt working its too disjointed.I have made an appointment to see a family lawyer.I understand if you have to keep the original £26 although i havnt received an answer.But please delete my details from your site,as i feel that i didnt receive what i paid for.

I am sorry for the delay.
You do not have to be so afraid of your daughter's threats.
The fact is that in the event that your daughter tried to remove the child from your care then a phone call to Social Services would lead to the child being placed in your care in any event (indeed possibly with financial support).
If you would prefer not to go that route (understandable) then you can apply to the court for an Order that the Child lives with you.
You will need permission to apply to the Court for the Order - but this is in fact a simple step and there is no doubt that it would be granted.
It would be most effective to make the application after the next time she threatens to remove the child from your care as this will enable you to make an Emergency applictaion.
You can read more here
http://www.grandparents-association.org.uk/images/diycao-contact-nov2014-v2.pdf
Please ask if I can be of more assistance - otherwise you can access a refund from your side of the site!