Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My ex-husband has contacted my son's school to inform the headmaster

Customer Question

My ex-husband has contacted my son's school to inform the headmaster that he is terminating his "contract with the school" and will no longer pay towards his school fees.
The headmaster has just informed me of this situation. There is an outstanding fees from this year ending. My son will be sitting his Igcse next summer. We agreed to sneed him to the school based on recommendation. He can afford to pay. But he has been manipulative playing games with my son's education and wanted him removed from the school. This poses risk to my son's GCSE year. and extremely worrying.
1) Can I apply to court for an interim maintenance so i can pay the outstanding amount and also secure payment for next year?
2) Can i then apply as part of financial settlement for him to be responsible for the school fees until my son completes his university study or age 21?
He very unreliable and only will do anything provided it is enforced legally.
3) can i apply to the court for sposal maintenance that takes account I may have to leave my work sooner than anticpated. Due to impact effect of my family situation and havingto take alot of time off to look after my son during medical emergencies i have been having problems. My workplace are moving me towards leaving the job.
how do i go about doing all these on my own? or do I need a solicitor to represent me in court?
How far have the financial negotiations reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have not negotiate. he is difficult and i don't think going to mediation would result in anything. we could not attend mediation together it had not workrd in the past and he ha made it clear he would not be in the same place where i am present.

I am trying to apply and to place the application i would like to

What stage has the divorce reached and what Child Maintenance does your ex currently pay?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry i have not responded due to illness.

I have finally able to apply to CSA and he pays maintenance . Last time I knew his earnings over 4years not he was on over £90K and gets directors bonus evry March of each year. I earn about a third of this salary. I don't know what he earns now but I know it will be considerably more. I may consider leaving work in the next year due do poor health.

I 'm in court on Tuesday, 14th. I believe the judge is to decide who is divorcing who at this hearing. Will the judge need witness statement to decide this on Tuesday?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.