13262538

My marriage coming to an end and I'm concerned about his

Hi my marriage coming to an end and I'm concerned about his rights are to my house ad I purchased the property before I met him thank you
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi clare we have been married ten years there are no children involved there is about 50.000 left on the mortgage I remortgaged to clear some of his debts I work full time he is on old age pension and disability living allowance my wages are paid into the account that pays my mortgage and all other bills his money is paid into a separate account of which he keeps his old age pension for himself. out of the account I pay bills from I pay his car insurance mobile phone bill life insurance and his road side assistance out of his disability money a credit card of his get paid thanks for your help he always said that if this was to happen he would never claim anything of my house as this is for my grandchildren when I no longer here regards ***** ***** house is worth about 130.000

What income do you each actually have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi i earn 22.000 a year he gets 556 every four weeks disability and 286 .00 every two weeks old age pension

Where was he living before moving in with you - and how much did you pay to cover his debts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't remember it's that long ago I also did house improvements with it he lived in a council property with his last wife

I am afraid that a 10 year relationship does give your husband a clear financial claim on the matrimonial home.
It is not necessary a 50/50 claim - but maybe 20% to 25% of the equity - depending on what debts were paid off
Of course this assumes that he decides to make a claim at all.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details