13262538

I am a gay woman woman who used to be in a civil partnership.

I am a gay woman woman who used to be in a civil partnership. We had 2 children together. I am the birth mother. After their birth we adopted them as a step parent adoption. She left the home 3 years ago to get with another partner and I have been living with the children. I have the children Mon - Fri and for about half of the school holidays and she has them for weekends and for the other part of the school holidays. Due to recent circumstances things are not great between us right now and I am concerned that as she is unhappy with me that she may go for a residence order. Legally I believe that it is down as a shared custody. As I am birth mother does that give me any legal leverage if she does go down that line or due to the adoption is it absolutely equal status for us both.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that you do indeed have equal status - and even without the adoption the position is not likely to have been any different.
The important issue is the needs of the children for stability - which generally means the Status Quo, although it is likely that there will be some concern that you never get to have a weekend with your children
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details