How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

My brother and partner have a mortgage together, but the

Customer Question

My brother and partner have a mortgage together, but the relationship has broke down. She is demanding him out the property as she has a child with him but my brother has custody of his son from a previous relationship who is only 3. She is saying that the house is hers as she has rights but he is the only one paying the mortgage as she does not work. Can he move out for time being and sell the house so he can get some where else for him and his son to live. Can he apply for a possession order so he can sell the house and get her out, so they can split any money that the house has made between them so they can both part with money to help to re home both parties.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law