Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My brother and partner have a mortgage together, but the

Customer Question

My brother and partner have a mortgage together, but the relationship has broke down. She is demanding him out the property as she has a child with him but my brother has custody of his son from a previous relationship who is only 3. She is saying that the house is hers as she has rights but he is the only one paying the mortgage as she does not work. Can he move out for time being and sell the house so he can get some where else for him and his son to live. Can he apply for a possession order so he can sell the house and get her out, so they can split any money that the house has made between them so they can both part with money to help to re home both parties.