13262538

I have 2 children aged 17 and 13. I am divorced from their

Customer Question

I have 2 children aged 17 and 13. I am divorced from their father. We found out that he died suddenly last week. Is there a will - we do not know. Is there a policy for them - we do not know. He was living with his girlfriend, they were engaged but not married. They have property in the UK and Turkey. What are they entitled to, what do we do.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou, please carry on

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.You are entitled to ask for evidence that there was a Will.If there was not then you, on behalf of your children, are the only one entitled to arrange the funeral and deal with his estate.If there is no Will then your children are entitled to his estate - however any assets that are held in joint names with his partner will pass to her outside the WillIf he has left a Will which makes no provision for the children then you can make an application against his estate for maintenance for their supportI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare