13262538

I am going through divorce and my wife solicitor has asked

Customer Question

I am going through divorce and my wife solicitor has asked for an independent valuation of my business. She is not a share holder in the business or any part as I share the business with a partner.
The independent business valuation expert has invited my wife into the meeting and I don't think I should have to
Allow her to be there as she has no interest directly and the meeting is in my office where my staff are and their privacy should be protected.
Does the wife have to be there when the independent expert holds this meeting? I am at a loss to understand why she can be invited and that the expert is almost carrying out a mediation and may sway towards the wife when all that was instructed was a business valuation?
Please help me as my solicitor is not responding and meeting is tomorrow!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please is there any chance of a reply as I have not heard anything as yet? Thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please can you continue with question please
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.For clarity are you saying that the same person will be valuing your business and dealing with the subsequent mediation?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ClareNo mediation took place last year. Been to court many times and more questions from her solicitor each hearing now wants my share of business valued. IndeoendNt valuation guy has invited her too at my office for meeting yet she's not share holder or ever worked there. I can't meet get employer and ask about her salary or job? Is this normal for the ex wife to be invited?
No I do not think it is appropriate and you are entitled to (and should) refuse.
For clarity the valuation is appropriate - it is her attendance that is not
Please ask for any further details you require