Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

At my divorce the Cash Equivalent Value of my pension was calculated

At my divorce the Cash Equivalent Value of my pension was calculated and then it was split 50:50 so that two separate pensions are now in issue (One to me and one to my ex-wife). What is the tax situation. Is each pension taxed separately or does HMRC treat them still as one pension?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The position is that there are no two pensions and therefore they are treated as two pensions and taxed accordingly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot rate it until the answer makes sense! The first sentence doe snot make sense

'The position is that there are no two pensions' - what are you trying to say?

The second sentence is clear.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, we are both the victim of bad typing or predictive text.
My answer should say:
"The position is that there are NOW two pensions and therefore they are treated as two pensions and taxed accordingly."
The reason for that is that in a pension share a new pension is set up for the recipient. There are two people each with a separate tax status.