Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

My wife passed away on 21 April 2015 the coroner office have

my wife passed away on 21 April 2015 the coroner office have said this morning that I can now go and register the death and the cause of death was natural causes due to alcohol abuse my wife age is 55
she did start drinking heavily around three years ago to the extent that she lost her licence for a two-year period and was ordered to do 240 hours community service she has spent over a week in this country at a alcohol rehabilitation center which did not help she has been to America and stayed with a very close friend on three occasions for three month intervals where she has remained sober and attended at least 2 alcoholic anonymous meetings per day
we have a life policy paid on first death we took this policy out in 1991 and have kept up with the payments the policy is worth £200,000 the policy is with Equity and Law when we first took the policy out all the questions were answered honestly we are both smokers and at the time very hard-working with no illnesses or disability
my question
do you think under the circumstances of her death that Equity and Law will review the circumstances as self-inflicted and therefore not pay out on the policy
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am sorry for your loss.
No, the insurance company will not view this as self inflicted. As long as all the questions in the proposal form were answered correctly when the policy was taken out, there is no reason why the insurance company shouldn't pay out.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.