Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am 57 yrs old, British (with a fully paid up UK pension)

Customer Question

I am 57 yrs old, British (with a fully paid up UK pension) living in Switzerland with my husband. This is our main residence but my husband also has a property in Guernsey. I am thinking of buying a small property, perhaps a residential Park Home, in the UK to be able to spend time with family. My husband pays all his taxes in Switzerland, and apart from brief periods spent in England for his education, has never earned a salary in the UK and therefore never paid taxes there and never wants to. If I buy a property in my name, do I implicate him in any way to the UK? What are the implications for me owning a property? I don't work, therefore, funding for the property will come from my savings. Thank you for your time and please let me know what further information you may require.

Also, how many days are both my husband and I allowed to spend in the UK annually.  I think my husband is limited to 90 days but am I correct in thinking I can visit unlimited amount of time?  Susan Souter.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola

Thank you for looking for the right Professional to assist us with our question. We are happy to wait until the right one is found.

Best regards

Susan

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Nicola

If you would continue to look for someone with expertise in this field I would appreciate it.

Susan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nicola

I see from my credit card statement that the sum of CHF36 was debited which I thought would only be debited should I get an answer. As you have not yet been able to reply at all, can this amount be credited now.

With thanks

Susan