Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I am 46 years old, have been married years, live

Customer Question

I am 46 years old, have been married for 17 years, live together with my husband and two teenage daughters. My husband and I have been arguing for ages now and today he has asked me to leave. I am afraid that if I leave the family home that I will have difficulties seeing my children. I am particularly scared about this as I am Czech and my husband is British. Can you please advise me what to do. Thank you.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Has there been any domestic abuse and what are the girls wanting to do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your reply. There is no abuse, we just keep arguing mostly about the girls and money (as you do). The older girl is moving out as she is going to ballet school from September onwards. The younger one would be happy to live in "two houses". The situation has settled a little bit now, I have not left, but will separate our joint account now, just in case things go really bad again.

I have no further questions.

I would be reluctant to move out. There is no reason why you should not start divorce proceedings if that is your decision - the property will have to be resolved and it is always better to stay in the property from both a time and financial perspective, particularly if you have the girls. Please remember to rate