Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My ex partner has changed my childrens school without my

hi my ex partner has changed my childrens school without my permission and my children do not want to move schools what can I do to prevent this as its not finalised yet thanks
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
How old are they and are you on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are 8 and 10 and yes im on the birth certificate and i have them 4 days a week

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi they are 8 and 10 and yes im on there birth certificate they are with me 4 days out the 7

Your ex partner should not thus be changing their school without your permission. If this is something which you can not agree between the two of you then you would need to apply to the court for their assistance and namely a specific issue order to determine which school the children should go to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do i stop her from doing this as she will not talk to me bout ot she said she as made up her mind and thats final my kids do not want to move and that is up setting me and them and i think it rong as my boy is on is last year

The only way if you can't talk is either mediation or making an application to court for a specific issue order. I attach the form which would need to be completed http://www.familylawquestions.co.uk/resources/Materials/c100.pdfPlease remember to rate positively
I hope this helps.
Please remember to rate positively