Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I am not married to my partner and live in a housing association

I am not married to my partner and live in a housing association property which she has moved out of about 2 months ago taking my daughter with her she is also pregnant with our second child she now says she wants to move back in and I have to move out i got this house after being on the housing list for 9 years but added my partner to the application form 1 year before we was allocated the house as we where previously separated iam in the process of settling the rent arrears that have built up so I can keep a roof over my head and have my children stay at week ends I have been to a meeting with the housing association to come to a agreement regarding the payment of the arrears all corespondents has been done by myself and I will settle the rent also my name is ***** ***** any letters sent to the address I don't know if this makes any difference my partner has moved back to her perants house can you please advise me on this situation
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
It would appear from what you have written that you are joint tenants. As such you are both entitled to live in the property. You do not thus need to leave, but unless the tenancy is changed by the Housing Association then she would be allowed to move back into the property.