13262538

We bought a house with my husbands mother 13 years ago she

Customer Question

we bought a house with my husbands mother 13 years ago she was in sound mind paying half each the deeds are in mine and my husbands name only mother was asked if wanted to go on them said so 13 years later does mother have any legal right to the house
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
She may have an equitable interest in the property depending upon the basis of her 'investment' 13 years ago and what the parties agreed at the time.
How much is the house now worth and why has the issue arisen now?
Was it always understood that she could remain in the house for the rest of her life?\