13262538

I own a third of a property, my son is currently living there.

I own a third of a property, my son is currently living there. My current husband who is not the boys father wants him to pay rent and says he has a legal right to some of it, even though he does not own the property at all. Can he sue my Son for money as I have given him permission to have it rent free?
Who is the other owner of the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Mother who is in a care Home and my Brother, they are not looking for my Son to pay any money. He has spent several thousands of pounds to update the property that is why I haven't asked him for nay rent. He also has a young family and finding things difficult financially.

Since your husband has no financial interest in the property then he has no right to say whether or not you should charge your son rent - and he certainly cannot sue him
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details