13262538

There, I have separated from my partner and we are both

Customer Question

Hi there, I have separated from my partner and we are both named on the deeds and mortgage for the house. She is trying to remortgage and put everything into her name which I have agreed to. I have received a letter from in reference to the Transfer of Equity saying it will transfer my interest in the property in the sole name of my ex-partner - does this mean I will be automatically taken off the mortgage as well as the deeds?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Who have you received the letter from?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There are two steps to the process
If your ex is staying with the existing Mortgage Company then you will be forwarded a form to sign to say that you agree to it - this would be part of her applictaion.
If the Mortgage Company agree to release you then there will be a second stage when you will sign the TR1 - which should include a clause stating that you are released from the mortgage.
Alternatively if your ex is using a new Mortgage Company then yes when you sign the TR1 you will indeed also be released from the existing mortgage
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details