13262538

My girlfriend half owns her house with her ex-husband.

My girlfriend half owns her house with her ex-husband. She has been living in the house with the children after they separated and has been doing so for the last 3 years. She recently had a problem with the lock and had to change it. He has asked for a copy of the key and said he has the right to come in and out of the house whenever he wants. I am her partner and stay regularly with her and support her and we are looking to get an agreement to sell the house.
Does he have right to come in the house? He has no possessions in the house. We are about to start court procedings in order to change the current residency order so that we can move away from the area with the children.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that as a joint owner of the property her ex is indeed entitled to a key and to enter the property whenever he wishes - UNLESS there is a court order excluding him.
Please ask if you need further details