Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I am still waitng answer, it is well over the said

i am still waitng for a answer, it is well over the said time. i have paid, so a answer is required
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
What is the question? It doesn't show
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The question was,
my full blood sister died, i am the only living next of kin, there is no will, i was granted Probate, my sister was brought up with
a step family, i wasn't, are the step family entitled to anything from my sister's estate. hope for quick reply, thank you.
I have only just been given this and I will try and help. As you are the brother then where there is no will and no children then parents, brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews of the intestate person may inherit under the rules of intestacy. This will depend on a number of circumstances:whether there is a surviving married or civil partnerwhether there are children, grandchildren or great grandchildren.in the case of nephews and nieces, whether the parent directly related to the person who has died is also deadthe amount of the estate.Step parents where no adoption would not have an interest in the estate. Please remember to rate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am the only living relative to my sister, she has no husband or children and both our parents are deceased.
she has a step mother, and step sisters, i was not brought up by the step mother, where do i stand.
Then under the intestacy rules you would inherit the estate if there are no other claims or wills.Please remember to rate