Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My child is 9 years old, and her mother has the full

My child is 9 years old, and her mother has the full custody if our child, although, she has a legal agreement from the court issued where the child comes to stay over one weekend a month, and, every Wednesdays I could pick her up from school at 3:30 and return her at 6pm. Now, the mum moved far from me, and said verbally that I could only see the child every 2 weeks, that, I have also verbally agreed. Now, she said I cannot ring her to speak to my daughter and texted me she will be taking the child out of the UK to live with her grandfathers as she has no conditions of keeping the child during the school holidays. Can she take my daughter with her to travel? Or can I get a quick order from the court so that the child comes ans stays with me for the holiday period, as there is no mentions about this in the legal custody letter?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
As the she has a Child Arrangement Order (this is their new name) she is only allowed to take the chid out of the country for up to 28 days without your consent. Any longer is a criminal offence. It is clear that she is no longer acting in the spirit of the order (I know you have made amendments to the order by agreement). I would be minded to take the matter back to court to formally vary the original order so that you are able to at least share half of all the holidays (if that works for you and the child). You can bring this back to court. You can also if you wish take issue with the holidays. I attach herewith a leaflet with more info on the process - http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0000/2078/CB1_1108.pdfPlease remember to rate positively