Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My ex and I are currently selling our house due to seperation.

My ex and I are currently selling our house due to seperation. The mortgage was signed as joint tenancy. However we have an offer on the house but my ex is saying he won't go ahead with the sale unless I agree to take a smaller percentage of the equity as he was on more money than me and paying more into the house. However I run the house and looked after everything as he was away a lot. Anyway I just want to know where I legally stand. Am I entitled to half as we agreed or should I agree to a smaller share
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
are there children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No children

If the agreement was for you both to have half each then that agreement should stand. It should be made clear to him that if agreement is needed from the court for permission to sell the property (an order for sale) then you will look to recover your costs for making such an application:which will not help him at all. It rather seems like a degree of bullying from him and should be resisted.I hope this helps. Please rate positively