Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My partner went self employed in April 2015. He advised the

Customer Question

My partner went self employed in April 2015. He advised the CSA immediately, and they told him his payments would cease until he started earning money.
He has now received a demand from them as follows:
1) to provide all bank statements for April, May and June
2) to provide a "signed letter from an accountant on headed paper, his projectyed earnings fro the year to allow a change of self-employment to be actioned"
...failure to supply the above will revert his account back to his CSA payments calculated when he was PAYE, plus any arrears between April and now.
As he is nowhere ready to complete his first self-assessment he doesn't have an accountant. Also, he hasn't earnt anything to date (after deductions for van, tools, advertising etc.)
Can someone please advise me what we should do, and if the CSA are correct to demand this info?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Just to check - was your partner told in writing that he could stop paying?