Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My 2 year old granddaughter is on section 20 living with me

Customer Question

My 2 year old granddaughter is on section 20 living with me on child protection register .i have applied for parental responsibility appeared in court alone last wk the judge put a care orider in place untill the next court hearring this THURS .dont know what to ex spect he has ordered social services and mom to attend .any help and advice in representing myself would help
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Do you know why the Judge made this order? Have the LA spoken with you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I completed c1A form and it was submitted to judge with my parental responsibility form .whats LA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I completed c1A form and it was submitted to judge with my parental responsibility form .whats LA,
My granddaughter is at risk her mom has alcohol and mental health issues that have not been improved as yet
I understand. It would appear that the Judge wants the LA to be made aware of the difficulties and potentially assess you with regard to a special guardianship order. If the Judge has made a Care Order then you should be able to get local solicitors to represent you at the hearing (Brendan Fleming solicitors are a local firm to you experienced in this area of law).Please rate
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would social worker report on for court proceedings ,what do I need to report on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would social worker report on for court proceedings ,what do I need to Report to solicitor .
Will it be ok for my son to submit pr paper work tmrw at family court
The social worker would want to be sure that the child is safe in your care - that will be the purpose of their investigation
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
This happened because you applied for Parental Responsibility - to which you are not entitled when you should have applied for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the child lives with you
A Care Order was made as it will allow you to access Legal Aid - and you shoudl look for a Legal Aid lawyer to assist you