Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

If A WIFE WHO MARRIES IN Turkey IN A CIVIL CEREMONY AND LATER

Customer Question

If A WIFE WHO MARRIES IN Turkey IN A CIVIL CEREMONY AND LATER BUYS A PROPERTY JOINTLY WITH HER HUSBAND. iF IN THE FUTURE THEY GET A DIVORCE WHAT IS HER POSITION RE THE PROPERTY.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to wait for an answer. My daughter married a Turkish National in Turkey. They are buying an apartment in Istanbul together and she is providing half the finance.My wife and I are helping her with the finance. We are concerned that if in the future they get a divorce we would like to know her legal position if the apartment is bought in Joint names. Thank you for your attention.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a question about Turkish law, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola,

I think it is better that we close the question page as I now have an alternative who is aware of Islamic law. I would however wish to thank you for your attention and if I need further information in the future will of course use your services.

Kind regards,

Ronald XXX