Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

How ling will an uncontested divorce take? Married yrs.

How ling will an uncontested divorce take? Married for 6 yrs. no children. I had my own house before we married and he bought a house before we married. We lived in his house. A converted barn which isnt finished yet. Both houses are o rhe same value but I have more capital and less mortgage in mine. How ling will a divorce take? We have been seperated 2 yrs in December and I want to buy a new home with my new partner. Just want a quiet divorce and no nasty accusations
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
All of the steps in a divorce which is really uncontested may take about 4/5 months from start to finish and there is a compulsory delay of six weeks between the decree nisi and decree absolute accounts for a considerable portion of this. How long a divorce takes exactly does rather depend on the speed with which third parties (the court and the Respondent) deal with their respective parts and it is not all dependent upon the Petitioner.Please rate positively