Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My daughter-in-law keeps stopping me from seeing my granddaughter.

Customer Question

My daughter-in-law keeps stopping me from seeing my granddaughter. I ask my son if I can see her and he says its up to his wife. She stops me from seeing her for the slightest reason, can she do this?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
If this is the case then the ideal starting point is to consider mediation - basically you will need to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) before you can apply for a court order about the arrangements for your grandchildren.You would then need to apply to the court for both permission to apply to make a Child Arrangement Order and then a a Child Arrangement Order. You need permission because you are a grandparent. If there is no court case already going on about your children then you apply for a court order by completing Form C100.Follow these steps to apply for a court order.Read the guidance on making an application http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb001-eng.pdfFill in the C100 court formSend it to your nearest court dealing with these casesIt costs £215 to apply for a court order.The court would then normally allow you to see the child regularly - every fortnight or the like. I hope that this helpsPlease rate positively
Please remember to rate positively