13262538

My ex husband divorced me in zimbabwe. he gave me custody of

my ex husband divorced me in zimbabwe. he gave me custody of all children. we have three children, only one is a minor aged 16. i bought a house here in the united kingdom and registered it in both our names while we were still married. we still live together though we are not talking and now we are paying equally towards the mortgage. zimbabwean law says we should sell the house and divide the proceeds equally. my worry is that if we sell the house ,it will be difficult for me to get another mortgage since i am turning 49 years old this august. my ex is not civil about many things despite my many efforts to have a talking relationship while we are sorting out things. i am worried that if i come out of the house he might say i have deserted and it will mean i will have to pay rent plus mortgage and that is a lot for me. i also am avoiding a situation where me and my daughter become destitute. l do not know what the law says in my situation. therefore the reason why i am seeking your help.
many thanks, sindie
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Outstanding is - £117,726,69

Value about - £145,000.00

What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I get £1500.00 per month. He works part
Time and gets about £1300.00 per month. He also gets a grant of about
£6000.00 quarterly.
Under Uk law your ex must help you house the children until they are 18 and he will not be able to force a sale until then.
However if you wish to move yourself and your daughter out before then you can apply to the court for an Order for sale so that you can move on
If you move out while the sale is ongoing you will not have to give your ex half of the mortgage
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details