Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

As a dad am I entitled to see my daughter of the school

as a dad am I entitled to see my daughter for half of the school holidays ? and can my ex partner stop me from taking my daughter on holiday ?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
How old is the child? Do you have parental responsibility and where are you proposing to go on holiday?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Leila is 6, yes I have parental responsibility and im hoping to go to spain the same as I did last year with Leila.

The starting point if you can not agree over the issue of contact is to apply to mediation (MIAM) and then after that you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order which would set out the arrangements as to what time you spend with your daughter. Half of all holidays (including half term, summer, christmas and easter) is very common. It would also be sensible to get the courts permission to take the child on holiday out of the country (even when to a Hague convention country such as Spain). It can all be dealt with at the same time and would clearly make things easier for you going forward.Please remember to rate