Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My mother has been married to her husband years(both

Customer Question

my mother has been married to her husband for 13 years(both second marriage his wife passed away) and lived in his home for the same amount of time, the deeds are in his name.
she moved In the house with money and her own pension, and spent time and money on his property enhancing it, his children have hardly no involvement with their father he spends Christmas, holidays ect with my family.
the house has been sold and they are moving to a smaller property which they want in both names.
his sons have objected and said the house is to be in his name only, is this possible?
his solicitor has advised he cannot answer and has asked somebody else to advise?
when my mother divorced my father it was amicable, the family home was sold and my father moved into a smaller property, the property is in both my mother and fathers name, as they could not have afforded to buy one with half the money, would his sons have an entitlement to this?
How much is the matrimonial home worth and how much has your mother invested in it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the home is £245k my mum moved in it was valued at £150''000. She took £40k with her . My mum didn't buy anything substantial for the house but provided food, his clothes, and material things he paid her no housekeeping for a long time. The upkeep of the house it would not have been valued as it is had she not been there.
Does her husband wish to appease his children or would he be happy to ignore them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Appease
Ah well.
For clarity were any improvements made to the structure of the house after your mother moved in?