Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Kasare, i am trying to fill out a d11 form to dismiss my

Hi kasare, i am trying to fill out a d11 form to dismiss my previous divorce petition from 2007 to start the process again, i have already started new proceedings as i was wrongly told that because my original was so long ago it wouldnt matter, ive made it to the decree nisi stage but have received a letter from my court saying i need a dismissal before they will grant me a divorce based on 7 years seperation. Both myself and my husband are in agreement to this but im not sure what to put into the box that sAys what order are you asking the court to make and why? Also it says to attach a draft copy of the order i am applying for. What does this mean and how and what would i need to do this? The original divorce was never complete due to various reasons but we have been seperated for over 7 years living in seperate parts of the country,
Thank you for your help
Danielle
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Has this been resolved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ivory lounge, i have been notified that you have responded to my question but there do not neem to be a reply?
Thanks danielle
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh sorry just spotted it. No not been resolved still wAiting
Simply put you are asking the court to - dismiss by consent the original proceedings quoting the case number.The order would also be simple. On a blank piece of paper - put all of the formal headings and the old case number ***** and state basically 1 . The divorce action be dismissed 2. No order for costsIf you can then both sign, date and put you full name to it then that would be even better.I hope that helps.Please rate positively.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you also i would like to know do i need to file my new divorce petition or decree nisi at my new court again or can i just send the dismisal they have asked for once it has been approved and they can use the papers already issued?
Different courts do different things (I know they shouldn't) - I would suggest that you phone the court and see what they want you to do - with luck they will let the existing one continue.Please remember to rate