Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

HOW DO I GET TO SEE MY GRANDCHILDREN, WHEN THEIR MOTHER IS

HOW DO I GET TO SEE MY GRANDCHILDREN, WHEN THEIR MOTHER IS BLOCKING IT, FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN SHE HAS SPLIT FROM MY SON?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
How old are the children and does your son see them? Is he on their birth certificate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes father is on the birth cert. he does see the children but only when she says so, he asks all the time.He has got a weeks holiday but she will not confirm if he can have them. He lives in a shared house but can take them there. The boys are very bright 9 and 10 years old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were friends until the split, we went to London together with the boys just before they split up, they have been together for 12 years and are both 30 years old. She is angry with me because I gave my son the rent money, she sees this as disloyal.
If this is the case then the ideal starting point is to consider mediation - basically you will need to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) before you can apply for a court order about the arrangements for your grandchildren.You would then need to apply to the court for both permission to apply to make a Child Arrangement Order and then a a Child Arrangement Order. You need permission because you are a grandparent.If there is no court case already going on about your children then you apply for a court order by completing Form C100.Follow these steps to apply for a court order.Read the guidance on making an application http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb001-eng.pdfFill in the C100 court formSend it to your nearest court dealing with these casesIt costs £215 to apply for a court order.The court would then normally allow you to see the child regularly - every fortnight or the like. I hope that this helpsPlease rate positively
I hope this helps
Please remember to rate positively so that I can get my credit - thanks