ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I am retired ,in good health and until 6 weeks ago had full

Customer Question

I am retired ,in good health and until 6 weeks ago had full access to the grandchildren, they love me and I love them, can she stop me seeing them.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
If you are being denied the opportunity of spending time with your grandchildren then you do not automatically have a right to make an application to the court. You would need to ask 'leave' of the court to bring an application to spend time with your grandchildren. In reality this means you would need to complete another form when making an application to the court and explaining in that form (and also at the first court hearing) why you would like permission to let the court deal with an application for you to spend time with your grandchildren.
Before an application can be made to court, matters first have to be referred to mediation. If you do not do this the court will likely reject your application. You can self refer to mediation through an organisation such as National Family Mediation www.nfm.org.uk
Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
AS I AM A PENSIONER CAN I GET LEGAL AID.
You can only look to access legal aid if you have suffered domestic violence from the Respondent in the last two years.
Kind Regards