ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My son has been paying his ex partner £20 a week

Customer Question

My son has been paying his ex partner £20 a week for there daughter, now because of a argument is is going to csa and saying that he has never paid for her what are his rights
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
You have described that your son has been paying £20 per week currently. This is known as a family-based arrangement.
In relation to an application made to the Child Maintenance Service (new name for old CSA) - Child Support law states that the paying parent's responsibility to pay through a statutory arrangement begins on the date that the statutory child maintenance service notifies them (verbally or in writing) of the application.
This means that receiving parents cannot ask the statutory services to collect child maintenance from before this date.
Kind Regards
I would be grateful if you could kindly leave me a positive response as I have only recently started as an expert on this site and any positive feedback is gratefully received.
I would be grateful for positive feedback