Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Under the terms of our divorce my x and I had 50/50 shared

Hi, under the terms of our divorce my x and I had 50/50 shared parenting with our two daughters, for the last 70 days she has refused me access to them , what should I do?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Please could you tell me the reason your ex is stopping you from seeing your children?
Also was a court order made for shared care?
How old are your children ?
How long is it you have been sharing care for ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My x doesnt give me a reason despite my requests for one other than " the girls are refusing to go down". Under the terms of our divorce papers shared parenting was agreed and this has been running smooth for 6 years. Our girls are 11 and 8.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I would under such circumstances make an application to the court. These matters are now dealt with under the regime of a Child Arrangement Order. At the age of the children the fact that they are refusing to go (even if this is true) is unacceptable. There should be mediation (MIAM) first and then you can make an application - Follow these steps to apply for a court order.Read the guidance on making an application http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb001-eng.pdfFill in the C100 court form.Send it to your nearest court It costs £215 to apply for a court order. Happy to discussPlease remember to rate positively
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience