Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My boyfriends daughter is 15 can he take her on holiday if

my boyfriends daughter is 15 can he take her on holiday if she wants to go, and her mother is saying she can only go for a week, he wants to go for 2 weeks and has only been divorced for 2 years?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Is there a court order in place concerning the child?
When will the child turn 16 and what contact does your boyfriend have with the child at the moment?
Does he wish to take her abroad?
Also does she want to go on holiday?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No there are no court orders, he sees her when ever she wants, her mother decides when it suits her to let her see her dad, they have regular telephone contact, she lives local and has an older sister. she'll be 16 next August, yes we'd like to go abroad, and yes she'd like to go, we'd be paying for both daughters to go, but the mother is saying two weeks is too long but his daughter wants to go.

The mum is feeding them very negative information because he has a new relationship.

Thats very helpful. Where both parents have parental responsibility and there are no residence orders (Child Arrangement Orders) or other restrictions in place, then neither can take the child on holiday outside the United Kingdom without the written consent of the other parent or any other party with parental responsibility. If consent is refused, an application to the Court will need to be made for permission.Happy to discussPlease rate positively
I hope that this helps
Please remember to rate positively- thanks
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience