Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My wife wants to take the children away weeks but will

My wife wants to take the children away for 3 weeks but will not tell where they are going, can she do this?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Is there any reason for this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to know where the children will be. She is planning to take them for 3 weeks. I think she is having mental issues.

The court would allow you to know where the children are being taken for a holiday if they are to be away for three weeks. You have a couple of options - ask her formally (through a solicitor) or make an application to court for a specific issue order - to know where she is going or it may prove more beneficial at the same time to seek a Child Arrangement Order - so that you both know what time the children will spend with each of you and what the rules are for such holidays etc.Please remember to rate positively.