How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33036
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My wife wants to take the children away weeks but will

Resolved Question:

My wife wants to take the children away for 3 weeks but will not tell where they are going, can she do this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Is there any reason for this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to know where the children will be. She is planning to take them for 3 weeks. I think she is having mental issues.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
The court would allow you to know where the children are being taken for a holiday if they are to be away for three weeks. You have a couple of options - ask her formally (through a solicitor) or make an application to court for a specific issue order - to know where she is going or it may prove more beneficial at the same time to seek a Child Arrangement Order - so that you both know what time the children will spend with each of you and what the rules are for such holidays etc.Please remember to rate positively.
Thomas Judge and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you