Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have full custody of my children but my name was and is not

i have full custody of my children but my name was and is not on the birth certificate can i add my name on it .
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
When you say you have full custody - can you provide me with some more information - is there an order? how old is the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much is this going to cost me , ie every time i ask you a question am i going to be billed .
You are only going to be billed for what you have paid. When you say you have full custody - can you provide me with some more information - is there an order? how old is the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have 3 children and cause of neglect on her side i was awarded full custody of them , but i want to know can i add my name on the birth certificate .
Yes it can be done - this is the form - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/222509/dg_176555.pdfI hope that this helpsHappy to discussPlease rate positively and I can help if any more questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so it makes no difference what the age of the children are i can do this without the mothers intervention and how long does the 26 pounds i paid last .
If the mother is refusing to support you being added to the birth certificate then you would need a court order - this is also very simple - but it would simply confirm parentage. Basically that you are and were the father.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so in your expert opinion i can add my name to the birth certificate , regardless of the time that has passed and it needs no intervention from the mother or permission .