Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Daughters partners parents have a residency order on grandson.

Daughters partners parents have a residency order on grandson. He has been with them for approx 2years. I have always been allowed to see him Wednesday's and Fridays, stopping until Saturday? Both parents are drug addicts, and have had problems over the last 6 years.
They have recently cmmitted an offence, and because I (grandmother) have given a statement to police in my daughters defence, the grandmother with residence now says, both the mother or myself, will never see my grandson ever again. Also she is going to move away with him.
Is she able to do this?l
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Strictly speaking she is able to do this if she has the benefit of a residence order. You would need to apply to the court for a child arrangement order (after mediation - MIAM) - you would need to seek permission to apply to the court but this can be done at the same time. This would allow you to have contact in a formal capacity.Please remember to rate positively