Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My ex asked 2 children to stay at his house over night

My ex asked for our 2 children to stay at his house over night on saturday. I agreed but askes him not to take the children anywhere else but his. I found out on sunday morning that he had taking the childrem to his "girlfriend" house. The girlfriend was a really good friend of mine but on a nigh out (20th june) she hit me. I don't feel my children are safe n getting the time they need with they dad when he takes them to her house. I told him that he woukd have to see the children in a concate centre as i cant trust him with the children. Now he says his going to take me to court because he wants the children at weekends n take them to that house. Im happy for him to have them ay weekends just not at her house is there anything i can do to stop him taking them to her house.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
The answer if you think that they are not safe there would in fact be for the matter to go to court for a child arrangement order which could set out the arrangements for his contact. It would be your position that contact is for him - if she is dangerous then he should not be taking the children to her home. If the court agreed then they can make this an order.Happy to discussPlease rate positively