Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I my first wife died 6 years ago i hve 2 childern 1

Hi, I my first wife died 6 years ago i hve 2 childern 1 aged 12 and the other 8, when my wife died a big chunk of the house got paid off with our insurance. My question is that i have again remarried and hve been for the past 2 years, not working as best as i thought it would, if i was to go for a divorce what would my rights be with regards ***** ***** kids and the family home, would she be intituled to half the value of the house, even that most of it was paid off by my first wife isurance, and would she have the right to the kids?? Remember i live in Scotland

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry for the delay. Your question was not allocated to the Scots law section of JustAnswer. I am a Scots solicitor and can answer your questions.
1. The house was acquired prior to your second marriage. As such it is not matrimonial property and your second wife has no claim on it.
2. Unless your second wife has adopted your children through the court, she has no parental rights and no right to contact with the children unless you choose to give her contact.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.