Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My wife deserted me over 5 years ago and we have never divorced!

Hi my wife deserted me over 5 years ago and we have never divorced! I have paid all the mortgage on my own for that period and she has contributed nothing! she is thinking now of divorcing me! the mortgage is an interest only and there is no equity in the house, both names are ***** ***** mortgage with the Coventry building society! how do I stand about carrying on living in the house ?and I can afford to pay the mortgage I have proved that!
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
These cases are very difficult. Your wife will need to seek the permission of the mortgage company to have her name off the mortgage or for the property to be sold. You can not I am afraid force her to keep her name on the mortgage. As such you would need to speak to the mortgage company to see if they would agree for you to maintain the mortgage but to take her name off the mortgage - you would prove that for at least the last 5 years you have been able to maintain the mortgage without her being there.I hope this helps - happy to discussPlease rate positively
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that, she does not want anything to do with the house or any of the finances! just wants a divorce or the bloke she ran off with does moreover! Barry