LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

My mother changed her will and never signed the new one, and

Customer Question

my mother changed her will and never signed the new one, and yet paid a solicitor for the new one, and now the solicitor has stated that the new will is not valid.... and her old will is the only one valid
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
I am afraid that is correct a will is not valid if it has not been signed and witnessed.
Why wasn't it signed? If it was because of the solicitor being slow you may possibly and have list out as a result, have a claim against him but it will depend on all the circumstances.