How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33036
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My daughter is homeless with her son who is 5 and she is expecting

Resolved Question:

My daughter is homeless with her son who is 5 and she is expecting another baby in October by a different partner who has left her. She has been offered a chance to move to Wales and live with her sister and partner in a 3 bedroom town house. The father of her first child has told her she cannot take their son with her even though he only works part time and lives in a 1 bedroom flat with his mother. My daughter is staying with me,her mum, for the time being but i only have a 2 bed house. Where does my daughter stand on this matter. Can she take my grandson with her?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
She would have to make an application to the court for a specific issue order to make the move with the child to Wales - as she is the carer of the child and is going for genuine reasons then in all likelihood the court will allow the move - she should also be entitled to a fee exemption - it is a form C100 from the family court.I hope this helpsPlease rate positively.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can someone at the court help her with the form she needs to fill in and how long would it take to process through the court?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is a very straight forward form and the court staff will usually help with completing it. I attach herewith some guidance for completing the form - process time frame will depend - it can take a month but sometimes longer.Please rate positively
Thomas Judge and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your input as it has helped tremendously