Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My daughter is homeless with her son who is 5 and she is expecting

My daughter is homeless with her son who is 5 and she is expecting another baby in October by a different partner who has left her. She has been offered a chance to move to Wales and live with her sister and partner in a 3 bedroom town house. The father of her first child has told her she cannot take their son with her even though he only works part time and lives in a 1 bedroom flat with his mother. My daughter is staying with me,her mum, for the time being but i only have a 2 bed house. Where does my daughter stand on this matter. Can she take my grandson with her?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
She would have to make an application to the court for a specific issue order to make the move with the child to Wales - as she is the carer of the child and is going for genuine reasons then in all likelihood the court will allow the move - she should also be entitled to a fee exemption - it is a form C100 from the family court.I hope this helpsPlease rate positively.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can someone at the court help her with the form she needs to fill in and how long would it take to process through the court?
Yes it is a very straight forward form and the court staff will usually help with completing it. I attach herewith some guidance for completing the form - http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0000/2078/CB1_1108.pdfhttp://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=2253The process time frame will depend - it can take a month but sometimes longer.Please rate positively
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your input as it has helped tremendously