Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have a court order from the circuit court in Ireland

Customer Question

Hi, I have a court order from the circuit court in Ireland that my ex has the children every alternating weekend. 1 of which is a Fri & Sat & 1 of which should be a Fri to Sat but we had an agreement through our solicitors to change it & make it a Sat to Sunday instead. Is the agreement legally binding & does it override the court order or can I go back to the original arrangement?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
If you have agreed between your solicitors (and there is evidence of this) then the court order will normally be considered as having been varied by agreement. The court is actually very happy for parents to agree to amend/vary orders and recognise the need for flexibility in such matters.Happy to discussPlease remember to rate positively - thanks
Dear *****,
Please remember to rate positively - thanks