ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I was recently told by a judge in the family court that if

I was recently told by a judge in the family court that if my ex and I cannot get on or agree about things then he would rule that he only has one parent in his life. Can he do this it would be so unfair. I am representing myself as cannot afford solicitor, the ex can
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a family solicitor.
Unfortunately a Judge can order that you are not able to spend any time with your child - although this would very drastic and should only happen in limited circumstances.
It is a child's right to spend time with both parents as long as it is safe to do so and you should remind the Judge of this.
If you can't get on with the other parent then you should look at options such as communications and pick ups and drop offs being facilitated by a third party which should alleviate the issue.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received.