Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My daughter is 18 and going to university in september.She

Customer Question

My daughter is 18 and going to university in september.She is renting a flat with her boyfriend. I have a court order saying that i need to pay maintenance until the age of 18 or cease full time tertiary education. Does that mean i still have to pay maintenance for the next 4 years, she will be taking a cap year and working for one of those years.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
You do not need to pay maintenance after she reaches the age of 18 - University does not count as 'full time education'. You will no longer have to pay the money to your ex and may consider helping your child in other ways and your daughter could technically make a claim against you herself. However you no longer need to pay the ex.I hope that this helpsPlease rate positively for me - thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you my ex said that teriary education includes unversity education. I have look this word up and it really is not that clear if it includes unerversity or not.