Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband and I are now separated...

Customer Question

My question has a few elements I think. My husband and I are now separated and he became bankrupt after we split up. We had 2 houses between us. One mine and one his but we were both on the mortgage of each. We agreed when we split that I would have 87 and he would have 139, as my parents have lived in 87 for the past 30 years I purchased it originally from them. When we split I gave them a tenancy agreement on my own for a 5 year term as we were in the process of dealing with the divorce. My ex went a little crazy at this point and was arrested and we now are allowed no contact. I need to know whether the agreement I gave my parents will hold up if I move out of 87 to a new home of my own as my ex did not sign the tenancy but is on the mortgage even though he has never made any payments.  I currently live in the house with my mum, dad and 2 children but we are in the process of moving out and I am worried my ex will try and move in even though we made an agreement previously between us.