Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

CAN MY EX GIRL FRIEND STOP ME FROM SEEING MY CHILD? MY CHILD

CAN MY EX GIRL FRIEND STOP ME FROM SEEING MY CHILD?
MY CHILD DOESN'T NOT CARRY MY NAME BUT THE ONE OF HER EX BOY FRIEND.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
How old is the child and are you on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1 year old and i am not in the birth certificate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the child is 1 hear old
, and my name is ***** ***** the birth certificate
hello - you have given a negative rating - I have not answered yet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did not had my answer to
i am expecting a quicker service
thanks
I asked for some more information - How old is the child and are you on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did give you that the child is 1 year old 14/08/14 at the time we did not new the child was mine she put the name of the ex boy friend
since then we had dna testd and we know its my child the only problem we split up
That information did not come through to me. The simple fact is that as you are the father you have considerable rights. It is not for your ex to make the decisions about your child - you will need to apply to the court for parental responsibility and also to be able to spend time with child. The starting point is that you both have equal rights and responsibilities. The courts would expect you both to engage in mediation (MIAM) and then you can apply to the court for a child arrangement order. Follow these steps to apply for a court order.Read the the attached guidance http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb001-eng.pdfFill in the C100 court form Send it to your nearest court It costs £215 to apply for a court order.You may be able to get help with court fees if you’re on benefits or a low income.So there is really lots you can do.I hope this helps - please rate positively for me - thanks